National Youth Wing
"Students—the architects of the future
Students! You are the ones who will assume the leadership of the country in future. The future of the nation depends upon you. Your nature and character will decide the character of the nation. You should work for the prosperity of the nation, welfare of the world, and universal happiness. First of all, you must follow the command of the Lord. Therein lies your welfare, as well as the security of the nation and society."
~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba, Summer Showers in Brindavan 1996
"I want you to be leaders to protect the world. Leaders like lions, self-reliant, courageous, majestic and just. Lion is the king of animals and I want you to be king among men."
~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba, inaugural address to students, Summer Course 1992
Purpose of the Wing
The Youth Wing of the Organisation has been established to encourage young adults to lead purposeful lives by learning and practicing human values as defined and established by the life, message, and works of Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
In the 'Sai Mission', the energy and dedication of young adults has a unique part to play. Sri Sathya Sai Baba has said that the years between the ages of 16 to 35 are a golden period in one's life; "for that is the period when life adds sweetness to itself, when talents, skills and attitudes are accumulated, sublimated and sanctified."
The Youth wing does not work in isolation. Youth understands and recognises the importance of learning and working with the other members of the Organisation. It is through working together that we can understand Baba's Message of Unity in Diversity.
Youth are encouraged to take on responsibilities and roles with the organisation in order to gain experience and confidence so as to take the Sai mission forward.
The youth are the backbone of the Organisation supporting the different wings. The youth comprise of talented individuals from all walks of life where each brings their own unique offering to the Sai mission. Youth are bracketed under the 18-35 year old umbrella but by no means is this the cut off point.
An important element to this wing is to continue to lay the foundations for the future Leaders and Office Bearers of the Sri Sathya Sai Service Organisation and mould the Sai Youth into playing their parts in Sai's mission.
The Aim and Objectives of the National Youth Wing are as follows:
- To awaken in the youth, an awareness of their true divine nature and to support the development of character through the practice of Truth (Sathya), Righteous Conduct (Dharma), Love (Prema), Peace (Shanthi) and Non-violence (Ahimsa).
- To encourage and motivate the youth to take an active role within the Sri Sathya Sai Service Organisation.
- To integrate youth activities within the existing structure of the Sai Organisation.
- To encourage practical spirituality in one’s daily life, supporting the all-round development of youth: spiritually, professionally and emotionally.
- The National Youth Wing plays an integrated role within the Organisation, working closely with the other wings and regions.
Key Projects and Plans for 2011 Youth Work Program:
How to Get Involved
Please contact us if:
- You are interested in any of the Sai Houses which are broadly tailored to individual interests.
- You are a musician (vocal/instrumental/composer) of any genre.
- You are interested in offering your skills with SITA.
For more information please contact the national wing coordinator on - firstname.lastname@example.org